ZZ100 UYE

First of all, I am not affiliated with Yelp and I write reviews on Yelp for fun.
Secondly, I don't ask for special treatment from businesses because I write reviews for fun.
Third, I am a hard-core Elite Yelper. I always encourage Yelpers to write reviews.
Now, let’s go to the featured presentation.
Many ideas created this UYE .
Since my ROTD (Review of the Day) on 2/11/2014, I have been a regular customer to Eatwell Bakery Cafe for my yogurt fix and remain in contact with the owner, Ziad. The more I talk to him, the more I like to feature Eatwell in my UYE choices. Ziad has a passion in promoting healthy gourmet with a Mediterranean twist. It was perfect timing to wrap up the challenge while Eatwell celebrates its anniversary in October. The UYE was named "Zoom Zoom 100 & Beyond" as a result from a Talk thread.

This UYE was dedicated to the Yelpers who participated in the 2015 Yelp Challenge. I started the cyber event as a challenge to encourage my fellow Yelpers to follow suit in creating a list of 100 reviews. While this challenge is not to look for who wrote more reviews, but it's just a fun way to track our progress.

On October 18, we were blessed with perfect picnic weather. The patio was decorated with my favorite orange color. My guests arrived gradually as I had time to greet each one and introduced Eatwell's specialties. I started with a cultural demo - making of Lihing Pineapple. Lihing is a plum-flavored powder made in Taiwan, but not sold in Taiwan. I can only find them in Hawaii. I bought a pack of Lihing powder at Aloha TexFest in September, I am happy to share the video on how to make a simple island's favorite snack.

Appetizer: I share a secret about Ziad's hot sauce - made of fruits and vegetables. It's not just a sauce for breakfast, it works on everything. He also brought us some homemade hummus and pita chips. The freshness was just incredible. See photos from the UYE here.

Desserts: I was really fond of Eatwell's dessert variety. I loved the cannoli so much and I made them to be featured as part of the check-in offer. Ziad brought us some apricot cross tarts as well. Please read Depp's review. He gave a lot of detail about where everything started.

At the end of this UYE, everyone was happy. Mike M was recognized as the top reviewer. Sorry, no prizes. But this was just a personal achievement. I want to see how this cyber event gave us at the end of 2015. I look forward to host another one next year. Would you like to join us?

Feel free to read the reviews by the guests at UYE: Zoom Zoom 100 & Beyond.
In case you missed the cultural demo, please go to How to make Lihing Pineapple on YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant