Cross+Cities UYE Ideas

It's been in my wildest dream to host a Cross+Cities UYE with a road trip. I always want to try something exotic, exciting and unique to link Yelpers across the Lone Star state.

From Houston to San Antonio takes about 3 hours.

After reading a blog Seattle & Portland Yelpers Swap Cities Road Trip, I posted my idea on a Talk thread. I found Phillip B of Austin hosted a BBQ Crawl UYE in Lockhart on July 26, 2014. Yelpers from Houston, San Antonio and Austin (maybe Dallas) met at the center of these major cities. That was an epic. (Reviews)

I am not able to pull something like his scale without Yelpers from other cities. In November 2015, I hosted a Cross+Cities UYE - Austin Edition. Since I didn't have many Yelper friends in Austin, we had a small party. (Reviews)

After my recent trip to San Antonio, I saw the city's beauty and tourism opportunity. I want to revisit the idea. I am hoping the Yelpers in San Antonio could help me put together a real Cross+Cities UYE. Here is the preliminary thought.

Teams:
Visiting Party - Houston
Hosting Party - San Antonio

Ideas:
  1. Organize a group of Yelpers from Houston going to San Antonio by cars or MegaBus (as Cherry A suggested) and arriving near downtown or MegaBus station.
  2. Yelpers in San Antonio prepare 1 or 2 UYE's with bar crawl or walking tour of downtown.
  3. At the end of night, people can stay or go back to Houston on MegaBus.
Dates:
Target dates are early 2017. Preferably tie with a special event in Hosting Party's city and not long weekend (to avoid travel congestion).

Comments

  1. Luis, I'd be glad to help out. Let me know what I need to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant