|These are just for looks. 2 out of 5 sauces are below my expectations.|
Look at the sauce bar first. These are on the line for you to choose from. But you must know how they taste first. Here are the hints.
|Left side of sauce bar|
- Shrimp flavored chips - not sauce, just snacks
- Soy bean paste - deep fermented beans base
- Oyster sauce - sweet savory
- Seafood sauce - sweet savory
- Soy sauce - salty liquid
- Chili pepper - spicy condiment
- Crushed peanuts - nutty condiment
- Cilantro - savory condiment
- Cumin - savory condiment
- Chopped green onions - savory condiment
- Sesame - savory condiment
- Fermented bean curd - light salty base
|Right side of sauce bar|
- Sesame oil - fragrant oil
- Leek flower - salty condiment
- Garlic - savory condiment
- Sesame sauce - thick base
- Spicy sauce - spicy base
- Shacha sauce - savory sweet base (has fish)
- Chili Oil - spicy oil
- Korean BBQ sauce - sweet salty sauce
- Dry seasoning - for BBQ as dry rub
- Peanut butter sauce - sweet thick base
- Sugar - good with everything
- Fish sauce - use sparingly, very salty
Bottles on the side:
- MSG - flavor enhancer could cause headache
- Salt, Vinegar
- Prickly ash oil - numbing sensation like mala Sichuan condiment
- Sriracha hot sauce - spicy condiment
- American BBQ sauces
Try these 9 Simple Recipes:
Sweet Based - This is a combination of sweet and mild sauces.
Sesame oil, hoisin sauce, toasted peppers, cilantro, sugar, sesame seeds
Spicy Mouth - All peppers can give you great spicy taste in the mouth. It might give you tearing eyes.
Hot oil, prickly ash oil, ground pepper, toasted pepper, cilantro, green onions.
Hot Pot Basic - This is for hot pot rookies. You can adjust saltiness with salt.
Oyster sauce, toasted peppers, oil, minced garlic, green onions, sesame seeds.
Mildly Spiced - It has no soy sauce and no salt. Perfect for folks don't like heavily sauces but loves spiciness.
Hot sauce, minced garlic, crushed peanuts, cilantro
Seafood Special - This mixture can lift savory and freshness. Good with seafood variety.
Peanut paste, hoisin sauce, minced garlic, dried shrimps, crushed peanuts, cilantro
Northern Style - Focus on spicy hot. This mixture is perfect for vegetables and meat eaters.
Sesame sauce, hot sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onion, minced ginger
Southern Style - It has resemblance of bean sauce for dry noodles. It can be the seasoning for cellophane noodles.
Shacha sauce, minced preserved vegetables, minced garlic, sweet bean paste
Sweet Hot Flavor - Combine sweet, spicy and savory to compliment red meats.
Sesame sauce, chili bean paste, beef paste, sesame oil, sugar, crushed peanuts.
Fermented Tofu Flavor - Combine sweet, salty and spicy flavors to compliment with seafood.
Sesame sauce, fermented tofu sauce, cilantro, red chili oil.
Watch the Sauce Bar Instruction video on YouTube https://youtu.be/sI0koJDkMuk