Time for Taiwan UYE

My recent Time for Taiwan UYE was filled with lots of fun, energy and conversations. I love it. That's how an UYE should be.

This UYE was created with helps from many Yelpers. The UYE idea came from Jamie A. as I posted an event on 2015 Time For Taiwan-Restaurant Month in Houston (I also posted one in Dallas). Then, I solicited on the Talk thread. Chris C recommended Cafe 101 because alcohol beverages are available.

I was a little discouraged to proceed after many obstacles: can't modify the time, low RSVP turnout and scorching Houston's 101°F+ heat. But I was craving for some Taiwanese food. It actually went very well.
Que N & Sarah Y; Lou & Depp; Sarah Y & Matt S

I have so many ties with Taiwan.

  • Yelp added Taiwan as 5th market in Asia this April. I made contact with CM Roxanne L.
  • I have plans to visit my birthplace in October 2016.
  • My recent review on the 2nd Annual Taiwan Yes Taiwan Way Festival.
  • I saw an ad on local newspaper about this interesting event across the country - "Time for Taiwan Restaurant Month". I contacted the organizer and found some interesting facts and decided to post them on Yelp events page. There were 128 Yelpers in Dallas and 148 Yelpers in Houston that were interested. I'm sure if they do this again next year, I could help them to drum up more support.
  • Just by asking around, there are few people interested to have an UYE.

This is how I started the Time for Taiwan UYE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant