Asiatown Bingo Crawl 2023

The Asiatown Bingo Crawl was based on 3 featured restaurants on the Bingo Game piece asiatowntourhtx.com/bingo. This crawl event was a way to promote the bingo game created by Houston Asiatown Tours. The event was held on Sunday, December 17, 2023. [Event Page]

Asiatown Tours' Bingo Card 3rd Quarter 2023

The goal was to generate exposures for Asiatown Tours and create engagement with the foodies at the restaurants. I think it was due to the date was so close to end of year and people having overbooked holiday gatherings, my event had a low turn out. I didn't mind because it is usual for the month of December. 

Walking around to see where we could go at next crawl

I originally chose Mala Sichuan because it is on the bingo card and with an easy vertical line with The Bunny Tea and Linda's Tropical Fruits. Due to low attendance, we changed to Yin Tang instead. It was just next door at Metropole Center. There was the same spicy Sichuan flavored malatang as if we were at Mala Sichuan. I personally prefer Yin Tang because I get to pay for what I order and I get to choose what to put in the soup. 

First stop at Yin Tang for customized malatang soup

My long-time foodie friends Eugene, Penina and her son Mata'u joined me. We had candid conversations while we ate. We spent longer than usual at a restaurant. I was teaching them how Chinese characters were composed while pointing at the writings on the mural. At the end of the meal, we played a game to win holiday gifts. 

Holiday Gift Giveaway

Learning Chinese Characters

After Yin Tang, we drove to The Bunny Tea for dessert. We all ordered something sweet and cool. Again, we had fun conversations and watched the sun setting from the window. 

Dessert Destination at The Bunny Tea

Right before sun disappearing from the landscape, we drove to Linda's Tropical Fruits as our finial destination. I walked through every fruit and explaining them to my guests. For the fruits not familiar to me, I pulled out my phone to Google the items. Everyone bought something because the fragrance of fresh fruits were so irresistible. 

blog bingo UYE
Shopping Destination at Linda's Tropical Fruits

The entire crawl event ended at 5:40, which was the longest crawl event I have hosted in 2023. Even though no one participated the Bingo contest, everyone had a good time to catch up. I prefer small group of friends during the holidays. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant