Go Panda Go Chinatown Crawl

I hosted a couple of Chinatown Crawl events with a scavenger hunt theme. It's called Go Panda Go Chinatown Crawl

First one was at a private party in 2018. I asked guests to gather certain things and share at the end of the night. Winner received a souvenir from Houston Chinatown (because they were visiting from San Antonio). 

Second one was during LNY 2020 at Hong Kong City Mall in connection to promote Houston Metro Go Texans Committee Alief Southwest Subcommittee's scholarship program. I asked people to go to the mall during 10 to 5 and capture certain items for a collage photo to post on Instagram or Facebook. I prepared 15 movie tickets as prizes, donated by APAHA. But I only had one entry. This event got media attention and it was featured on the KHOU morning show.

Third one was another partnership with HMGTC at Sterling Plaza last October. I couldn't attend due to my mom's passing and I was in California. Same game rule asked people to collect items. I prepared 4 $10 gift cards to Panda Express, but there were no takers.

I am hoping to gather more sponsors and participation to create next Go Panda Go Chinatown Crawl. Looks like we have all the players in one place.

Our goal is to create a scavenger hunt with bingo card style community engagement. Here's what I found a community in Oregon created Creative Ways to support Community with scavenger hunt game


Before we began, I'd like to hear from Cathy about how this event went. I also found CCC hosted a similar bingo (possible for 2020 because of #SupportChinatown slogan). Alice said there were 2 more versions after that. 

Next, let's chat about the logistics and how we can create a partnership to make this happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant