Yelp vs Google Profanity Filter

Profanity is not allowed in my family. I don't know about yours, but we were taught not to swear in any language. What if you start watching a silly movie on TV, you noticed lots of beeps at the beginning of a profanity word. I would flip the channel to watch something else. 

Some people have different tolerance level when it comes to profanity. You are not supposed to swear in class, at work or at church. But people do. Some people even swear in reviews.
Not clear why they had to use F-words at Arirang

I have seen Yelp bypassed a few reviews with loaded F-words, B-words and A-words. I reported few reviews. They all came back with "We realize that different people have different tolerances for strong language, but our bar is pretty high so that we can allow reviewers to tell their story in their own words even when things get colorful. With that said, we've decided not to remove the review after carefully assessing it against our Content Guidelines, but thank you for bringing it to our attention."
I can't understand why this person is so angry at Jusgo Supermarket

How about Google reviews? The bar is very low. The programmer created a Profanity Filter to automatically detect those words and take them away from public. I read somewhere about people got frustrated with review go removed because of a drink called Skinny B-tch. It does exist. 

I had an experience like that. See my review image below and my actual review. The reason I found out about my missing review was because Google sent me a congratulatory email about how many likes at that time compared to this moment. 6 likes were deducted. Then, I went to a different Google login to check my review. Sure enough, this review was missing from public view. 
I put my Google review to the test. Here is the proof.

As soon as I removed the B-word, the review went public again. Next time, I'll stick with the topic. Watch out for the profanity filter by Google.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant