Chased by Google Maps

After I upgraded my Samsung Note 4 to Android version 6.0 - Marshmallow, I noticed significant change on Yelp app. Whenever I want to get direction on Yelp, the only choice is to get to Google Maps. It used to have more choices. (See the image on Send to car with Yelp from last year.)

Once I get there, Google Maps took the opportunity to capture my interest. The app kept hinting me to upload a photo or answer a few questions, because it knows I was there before. Eventually, it lured me to become a Local Guide.

It was nice to know half million views on 9 photos I posted years ago.
Just to be fair, I don't post same photo on Google Maps and Yelp. Since I don't know who is reading the reviews on Google Map, I don't share much details like on Yelp. I never find reviews are useful on Google Maps. Besides, it should stay as a map app.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant