Google Meetup Feedback!

I tried to like this Local Guide Houston on Google+ Community. It has over 19k members with too many spam messages and unrelated topics. The worse part was my question on meetup was unanswered. Everyone seems disinterested with everyone else. I felt like it's a bot world.

So I tried localguideconnect.com, a little better but still many unrelated replies. It seems people just want to get badges. I sent a message and never had high hope for a response back. But it has to depend on how they receive notification. For me, I receive updates on gmail. I get instant alert on my phone.

Now, they want to know how my meetup went 

Here are my answers to the survey:

Any other feedback you’d like to share?
  • The meetup event on LGC site is useless. Only 3 out of 9 showed up from there. I would rather use Google+ Events to be my only source for RSVP. 
Please link to a photo album from your meet-up
  • I tried to use Google Photos app. But it uploaded all unrelated photos on my phone without telling me. It used up my data usage. Instead, I asked my guests to upload the photos on my Google+ Event page. (it didn't post)
If you felt unprepared, please explain why and what would help you feel more prepared in the future.
  • The tools provided were not efficient for event hosting. The meetup on local guide uses Google+ handle - can't send private email unless I follow the person. The only way I can communicate to the person is when he replied to my Local Guide Connect post. But it has to rely on another communication tool to deliver this message - Gmail. 
Please link to your recap post on Connect
Please link to a video recap from your meet-up
Overall thoughts on Local Guide:
  • There are too many obstacles to host an event. I can't post a functional URL on Connect. I can't modify meetup info or communicate with my guests on Connect. Next time, I will post a Google+ event first before submit Meetup event on Connect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant