Let's Catch some Poké

After weeks of searching and conversations, my passion for meeting Yelpers in SF Bay Area has diminished. I have reached out to CM in San Francisco, East Bay and South Bay. There isn't any UYE or OYE or YEE during my visit.

That's okay. I'll find another way to meet Yelpers - go virtual. Thanks for a fellow Yelper John D of San Jose. I followed his specialty in poke - Hawaiian fish salad. I had no idea the concept of "California-style poke bowl" is in. No wonder we don't have any in Houston, unless someone come up with the idea of "Texas poke bowl". Ah, I don't think so. We may get away with Texas BBQ. Not sure we can get fresh ahi tuna and salmon in sashimi quality in Houston.

My goal of one poke a day has met.
This "Let's Catch some Poké, man!" was a note-to-self event. I was not intended to invite anyone to join me like an UYE, but I wanted to be able to share locations on the fly. My goal was to have a daily dose of raw fish salad, just like my poke diet in Hawaii. After moved to the Mainlands, Hawaiian food has been an extreme scarce to me. I wanted to share my foodie experience with the younger generations in my family.

My original idea was to catch some Hawaiian entertainment and dinner at Hukilau in San Jose Japantown. But with some mishaps at the airports, I had to cancel. Based on a local boy JonJon D's recommendation, Thursday is best day. In fact, I'll go there for the entire weekend on my next trip. I've been wanting to go there for over 4 years.

Saturday night was on schedule. I met with my niece and nephew at Poki Run in Milpitas. I got interested from a review by a Yelper friend Evelynn C of Fremont.

Sunday's plan changed due to the operating hours at Aloha Fresh and my nieces' work schedule. I decided to check out Aloha Fresh myself at lunch and Go Fish Poke Bar at dinner. My original choice was Poke House #2 and I messaged Christina C. of San Francisco. She recommended Go Fish Poke Bar instead.

Since I completed my list of poke hunting early, I decided to add a couple more adventures to Berryessa area on Monday. Going to try Poke House and Sharetea. Mainly, I want to know when Poke House going to open its 2nd store (after reading John D's spectacular review).

Overall, this Bay Area trip has been fulfilled with helps from many Yelpers, virtually.

Note: I've shared hundreds of photos on social media during this trip. My biggest pet peeve is having to constantly charging my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It drained the battery every 2-3 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant