Where's my Badge

At the New Year’s Elite badge release, some Yelpers were excited with another year's elite status. But some left out wondering, "Where is mine?"

I'm guessing there is a formula to calculate how much you contribute to the Yelp community. By checking in and posting photos do not impact Yelp's business objective, reviews do. I printed out my friends list before and after the badge release, I concluded a reason why few of my Elite Yelper friends couldn't carry the status from last year.

They had something in common. I see everyone had a gap of review writing for more than 3 months during 2015. I can't say how long and how much they need in order to catch up. Let's prove me wrong. If you want to give this a try, start writing again - post at least one review a week. It may just do the trick. HQ gives Elite badge almost weekly.

Here are some examples - monthly review posts: Meriem B. from Houston, TX
This gap in reviews costed his continuing Elite status.
Alexander W from Katy, TX - see photo above. He had a gap between July and December. But after his vigorous activities, he's caught up. He received his Elite badge on 2/13/15 (date was approximation based on the first compliment he received.)

There is a misconception of automatic earning an Elite status by joining annual Yelp Challenge. The essence is the consistency. So, don't wait till the end of year to write reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant