Yelp on EveryBlock

Yelp is the leading website for local knowledge. EveryBlock is a leading website for neighborhood discussions.

I first learned about EveryBlock from a news article. My thought was, “Yeah, that’s what I have been looking for.” I could spread good words about how Houston is a great place to live. We live in a lively city with 4 million people and there is much more to offer. So, I signed up and I have been enjoying the benefits since.

EveryBlock is an interactive local news and information site that makes it easy to stay connected with what’s happening in a user’s neighborhood. It is equal parts neighborhood content aggregator, curator, and social platform. Users receive personalized information from a combination of sources - the Web, civic data, and user generated questions and comments - at the neighborhood or even block level.

Users can read business reviews from different neighborhoods.
As a Yelper, I think it's extremely important to share your experience on a business by writing reviews. Above example is my post on Village Liquor in Spring Branch. Just by selecting different neighborhoods, I could see the presences from my Yelp friends. I also post announcements around me, just like Yelp Talks. There are much more to explain. You can certainly sign up at http://houston.everyblock.com/

Related news from the Mayor's Office - http://www.examiner.com/article/comcast-launches-new-everyblock-app-for-hyper-local-information

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant