Rating Scale

From a scale of 1 to 5 stars, not all my reviews are rated equally. Sometimes, you'll find a happy review with 4 stars while other problematic ones still at 4.

Here are my rules:

  • Outside of Houston Metro, esp when I travel: 2 to 4 stars - since I don't visit them often, I can only write my review based on my one-and-only experience.
  • Government, Facilities, Events, & Festivals: 4 to 5 stars - minor problems don't bother me. Five is absolutely flawless.
  • Failed to provide basic customer service - automatically 1 star and I won't be embarrassed to tell you about it.
  • Food just absolutely tasteless, awful service and I'll never come back: Not worth of my energy to write a review. Unless I contacted the management for corrective action which turned my experience around.
  • Trying on a new business that I added: 3 to 5 stars - I have to check in at least 3 times to try 50% of items from the menu. Most of time, I start off with 5. Often times, I give the owners direct feedback and watch them make changes. They lose stars as the degrees of my satisfaction drop. 
Yelp is not a place to vent your frustration. If you have problems with the goods and service received, tell the business owners or management. Check for signage at the cash register or at the door for toll-free number or answer a Voice of the Customer survey to address the problems is more appropriate.

You'll notice, I don't waste my words in my reviews to express how I rate them. My reviews contain facts that I collected by talking to staff or doing my own research. I have business owners telling me that my reviews were used in their own promotional verbiage or testimonials. That is my biggest reward on writing Yelp reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant