Joint Event Opportunity with CHAT

I had a pleasure meeting Dr. Aisha Siddiqui on Jun 9, 2022 at CHAT's office. CHAT stands for Culture of Health - Advancing Together (chattx.org).

I only planned to drop off the proceeds from Asiatown Crawl at Westcroft Center Meetup Event and some school supplies. I didn’t expect to have such warm welcome. 

We had some meaningful conversations during my short visit. We talked about opportunities to host a joint event with other non-profit organizations in the Asian communities.

I asked about their mural map. Because Cathy from AsiatownTourHTX mentioned to me about a possible bus tour event prior to CoVid19. I am also into community arts. I feel I should host an art appreciation crawl event.

She and her staff explained how the map can be used as a self-guided tour. On the map, there are several restaurant names, which I believe they are the advertisers.

Here is my thoughts of a joint event:

During this proposed event, we will be visiting 4-5 murals that are close by and ask the mural artists to speak either in person or on YouTube. After that, we have lunch at restaurants in Gandhi District with Chinatown Crawl style - dine + dessert. 

But Houston weather is hot and humid. People are not likely to walk without air conditioning to view murals. Then, I thought, we could use Cathy's service. Using the bus as a moving art gallery. We can ask guests to park at a centralized location near the restaurants. Hire a security guard to watch the cars while we are touring. After eating, they can just drive away. 

Another idea, we can ask a hotel or school to allow us to park there for few hours. Then, transport them from restaurant to the parking lot after eating.

I also thought to ask APAHA to sponsor the artist review videos production, as it was done during a virtual event in 2021. 


She told me about an event on Saturday, September 24 with the Gulfton Superneighborhood president, Sandra Rodrigues. I can’t remember the occasion. But here is the flyer.
She also invited me for a private tour of all murals during a weekday morning. I haven't had time to schedule one this year. But I look forward to get a chance to visit all murals when temperature is cooling down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant