Save Now Save Later - Best Buys

This is my 2nd blog about merchants that offer cash back from reward points. Whenever I want electronics, I start my research on Best Buys' website. After analyzing the value on this blog, I realized its true value at the end of this page.
One review gets 10% closer to earn $5 or 50 cents per review

Best Buys Rewards - free to enroll. You earn 1 point per dollar spent after discount before tax. It will rounded off to full dollar. So you get only 1 point for $1.99 item. I will get a $5 off coupon for every 250 reward points.
I'm getting closer to earn that $5. Buy Buy Buy.

Bonus Points - "Review your purchase and get 25 My Best Buy bonus points" - after each purchase, I get invitations to write a review on the product. This encourages me to share my experience. This opportunity doesn't expire but the email link will. I would recommend write a review quickly because the item could be sold out or deleted from the list. That would be a waste of time. Another problem, my profile is empty after an update. What a waste.

I wasted 2 hour to find something to buy.
Mystery Certificate - once a year around Black Friday. I receive an email invitation to buy something and I won't know my saving until cashier tells me. I had received double reward points to 50% off of something costs $10.
Surprise is in the email.
Anniversary Bonus - It's always a surprise. Because I don't know when that is.
Nothing I need. Nice try.
Happy Birthday -  On the first day of your birth month, you'll get an email for 10% off one select item.

On top of those, I use airline rewards. I get half mile for each dollar spent.

Bottom line: Not worth to buy something for the purpose of earning points at Best Buys. In order to make this work, each dollar I spend equates to 2 pennies toward $5 off coupon. After all, I normally shop around on Amazon, Walmart and Micro Center before making my final selection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant