Save Now Save Later - Best Buys

This is my 2nd blog about merchants that offer cash back from reward points. Whenever I want electronics, I start my research on Best Buys' website. After analyzing the value on this blog, I realized its true value at the end of this page.
One review gets 10% closer to earn $5 or 50 cents per review

Best Buys Rewards - free to enroll. You earn 1 point per dollar spent after discount before tax. It will rounded off to full dollar. So you get only 1 point for $1.99 item. I will get a $5 off coupon for every 250 reward points.
I'm getting closer to earn that $5. Buy Buy Buy.

Bonus Points - "Review your purchase and get 25 My Best Buy bonus points" - after each purchase, I get invitations to write a review on the product. This encourages me to share my experience. This opportunity doesn't expire but the email link will. I would recommend write a review quickly because the item could be sold out or deleted from the list. That would be a waste of time. Another problem, my profile is empty after an update. What a waste.

I wasted 2 hour to find something to buy.
Mystery Certificate - once a year around Black Friday. I receive an email invitation to buy something and I won't know my saving until cashier tells me. I had received double reward points to 50% off of something costs $10.
Surprise is in the email.
Anniversary Bonus - It's always a surprise. Because I don't know when that is.
Nothing I need. Nice try.
Happy Birthday -  On the first day of your birth month, you'll get an email for 10% off one select item.

On top of those, I use airline rewards. I get half mile for each dollar spent.

Bottom line: Not worth to buy something for the purpose of earning points at Best Buys. In order to make this work, each dollar I spend equates to 2 pennies toward $5 off coupon. After all, I normally shop around on Amazon, Walmart and Micro Center before making my final selection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seafood City Food Court Menus

Cross+Cities UYE Ideas

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023