Polynesian Venue in Seabrook

Hana Hou! Can you imagine a spectacular Polynesian dance performance with a luau dinner without leaving Houston?
Perfect facility for a Polynesian Venue

That's my way to show my appreciation by attending a well-coordinated event at Seabrook Community House last night. Happy Hula Polynesian Dance Group of Provo Utah took the stage. The delicious luau-style lunch plates were prepared by their connections locally.

The room was packed with a hungry crowd. We were hungry for an island-style entertainment. It started with dinner and live music. Sorry, I arrived late. I didn't catch the gentlemen's names. Then, the show started promptly at 7:30. My favorite part of the evening was the fire dance. Everyone concentrated on the twirling fire while the room was peach black. This was my first time seeing it live.

I first noticed this event posted on Aloha TexFest Houston on Facebook in mid-May. I was thrilled by the idea. So, I posted it on Yelp Events page to get more exposures. That's one way to show my friends about the island culture and hospitality.

This crowd pleasing show rocked the house. Thanks to Noa Wetzel, who emceed and introduced each performance and the origins: Tongan, Tahitian, Samoan, Fijian, Hawaiian and etc. I followed her posts on Facebook. So, I learned more about what to expect.

Lucky us, we use social media to know one another. I attended Aloha TexFest at Clear Lake Park last year. That's where I met Sina. We talked after the show. It was nice to know Noa is her close relative. I would love to see more events like this in coming years.

Here are some photos and videos posted on social media: Facebook Photos; Instagram; YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant