Pinoy Street Food Event

My Facebook friend tagged me on Pinoy Street Food in Houston Presented by Filipino Cuisine got me interested to try some Filipino food this weekend. .

Line wrapped around the dining area to behind the buffet line.
I am familiar with this Filipino Cuisine in Alief neighborhood as when it held a grand opening a month ago. My Yelper friend Brian validated it by posting a tip. So, this is a legit Filipino restaurant came with some well-known background and history.

Live music during the event.
Since the event didn't start until 5 pm, I purposely planned my grocery shopping to be in the afternoon. I thought to check up on Brian via message on Yelp. He alerted me with long wait. I also read the posts on Facebook. People were complaining about no parking, long line and left unhappy.
I arrived about 8 pm. Yeah, the line was wrapped on 2 interior walls and outside of restaurant. It didn't deter me from waiting. I was more curious than looking to fill my crave.

I have to say the live music killed the boredom and frustration. One staff member was trying to ease the line by shouting "kwek kwek" and raised his tong to get responses from people in line. Kwek kwek is a street food made with batter-fried quail eggs. I didn't respond because I didn't want to eat cold fried food. The line was hardly moving because another staff member was taking BBQ skewer orders at the end of line, prior to cashier line. Yeah, it was line after a line, besides the line for parking spot.
A lady was taking order for BBQ skewers.

Some people called it "unorganized event" on Facebook. I'd rather say there is more room for improvement. This is a great idea to bring people to one location at one time for one common interest. I hope Filipino Cuisine doesn't stop. I want to try more Pinoy Street Food in the future.

Items offered at the event
By the time I get to my car, it was 9:45 pm. The event ended at 10 pm. There were 2 trays of hot dog sticks and a half tray of lobster ball sticks in the line. I believe they lowered the price for hot dog stick from $2 each.

I'm not Filipino, but I support cultural events in my community. The only way to learn the menu items was Google it while waiting in line. Since a lot of items ran out, I confirmed with a staff that I could order them during normal business hours. So, I'm coming back without waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant