|Here is how an UYE started|
Elements of Unofficial Yelp Events:
- Get your friends together to agree on the 5 W's (When,Where,Who, How and Why).
- Must have a reason or purpose - themed parties are more fun.
- Identify the location. If you never been there, pay a special visit and take time to see the surroundings and parking situation.
- Must have a confirmed date/time. Moving target is a bad idea.
- Post it on the Yelp Event pages, share the event to your friends and announce it on Talks.
- Prepare a biz page and ask the guests to check in, post photos and write a review.
- Inform the location management of your party plan. So they will have enough food, space and staff. Best way to describe UYE to a manager/owner is "some friends just want to meet up for a small gathering."
- Be there early to setup the seats and mark the area with table tents. Find out how to pay for the tabs - divide from the total or collect them individually.
- Thank everyone afterwards.
Complete Rules posted at http://www.yelp.com/static?p=event_tos
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.