Review Writing Tips

  People often asked me about how to write a good review. Let me share my secret with you.

When I was in college, my classmates refused to read the weekly newsletters that I produced. So, I took few courses in journalism and basic writing. 

Most of my reviews are in the form of short feature story: opening lines, story with facts and figures. Then, closing thoughts. I often use Google to search on common words or phrases, colloquial, thesaurus. I use Microsoft Word for spell checking. My biggest pet peeve is typos. 

The simplest way to write a review to tell a story with your own experience. Take some photos to remind yourself on that experience. Write a draft first, then simplify your thoughts with fewer words per sentence. Make sure there are punctuation marks. Finally, apply your personal style.

Go ahead and give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Adventure PGH Edition 2023

North Golden Sun Plaza

Dim Sum Menu at Arco Seafood Restaurant